Wednesday 21 August 2013

Geek Fun at Otakuthon 2013

This post was originally shared on our sister site, GirlCrafted.com
by Jordan Danger

Last weekend I headed out to Otakuthon in Montreal, an anime-focused convention that attracts about 15,000 geeky fanatics of all things Asian. Cosplay (people in costume) was everywhere; I'd say upwards of 50% of the crowd were wearing at least a partial costume. The dealer's room was a wild place and it's where I spent most of my time, hanging out in Artists' Alley where you can find some incredible art done by super-talented people.

I also met up with Rob from Geek Inked Magazine, and he wrote this lovely article about the con, and about Capital Geek Girls. I encourage you to give it a read. I like Geek Inked because it combines two of my favourite things: geekiness, and tattoos. Totally worth checking out and keeping an eye on.

credit: Rob from Geek Inked

I'll let Rob's article do most of the talking today, as I'm still recovering from the convention, but in a nutshell let me say: the Otakuthon crowd does geekdom proud with their fervor and enthusiasm, attention to cosplay detail, and general awesomeness. From where I stood, it looked like everyone had a stellar time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...